Assist EHS manager in implementing programs to ensure that environmental regulatory obligations are fulfilled and environmental risks are effectively managed. Analyzes and maintains detailed records of pollutant concentrations, observations and measurements. Conducts studies and investigations to ensure compliance with government safety and health standards and regulations. Typically reports to the EHS Manager.
- Inspect and audit areas of manufacturing plant, truck yard and warehouse
Maintain EHS files and records
- Establish and maintain accurate record keeping of inspections, procedures, and JHA’s
Work closely with warehouse, fleet, delivery and production personnel
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly testing, inspections, and reporting for various EHS tasks
- Assist with environmental sampling and recordkeeping
- Conduct specific EHS training for employees as needed (New hire training, OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc.)
- Perform routine and non-routine data evaluation for environmental, safety and health metrics and reports.
- Assist in accident investigations, root cause analysis, and SAFE system data entry
- Assist in reviewing, updating, and implementing EHS programs
- Facilitate 5S program, meetings, and training
- This position will need to have a flexible schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety or environmental related field from an accredited 4-year university and 1 year of experience in a manufacturing and transportation safety or environmental related field or HS Diploma/GED preferred and 2+ years of related safety/environmental experience
- Strong understanding of EHS, DOT compliance, OSHA and accident investigation
- Intermediate to advanced expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint