Please contact Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or more information.
Responsible for implementing aspects of environmental, health & safety programs for MilliporeSigma’s facility in Jaffrey, New Hampshire. This may include delivering training on the waste program, managing waste and virgin chemical deliveries and removal, maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements, recognizing occupational hazards and specifying controls, and providing emergency response services. This position reports to the EHS Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties:
· Performs work in a safe manner to protect themselves, fellow employees and the surrounding community.
· Supports the organization’s Chemical Program, Hazardous Waste Program, Non-hazardous Waste Program, Recycling Program, and Inspection of Life Safety Systems.
· Assist organization in the development and completion of risk assessments and environmental health and safety plans, and SOPs.
· Perform equipment calibration, maintenance, data entry, and record keeping.
· Understands and works within a variety of guidelines, standard operating procedures and/ or technical methods with a moderate degree of supervision.
· Ability to work within a small team and understand the team organization, individual roles and responsibilities and how working as a team allows all to achieve objectives.
· Ability to obtain Hazardous Waste Coordinator Certification
· Job requires operation of a powered industrial vehicle, applicant must be able to become certified as powered industrial truck (Forklift) operator which includes passing a physical and a vision exam to 20/40.
· Participate on chemical spill response team.
· Possess basic computer skills (email, word, excel)
· Able to spend most, if not all, of the day working on their feet, not a sit-down job.
· Able to work with hand tools.
· Ability to frequently lift 50 pounds
· Ability to occasionally lift to 75 pounds
· Ability to occasionally push/pull up to 500 pounds (using mechanical assist equipment (i.e. drum carts, hand jack, etc.)
· Job requires occasional bending, climbing, reaching, twisting, stretching.
· Employee is expected to work a minimum of eight hours a day, 5 days a week. Some weekend work may be necessary.
· Highschool diploma or GED equivalent
Prefer knowledge in US EPA, OSHA, DOT and NH DES regulations
Prefer experience with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management systems
Assist EHS manager in implementing programs to ensure that environmental regulatory obligations are fulfilled and environmental risks are effectively managed. Analyzes and maintains detailed records of pollutant concentrations, observations and measurements. Conducts studies and investigations to ensure compliance with government safety and health standards and regulations. Typically reports to the EHS Manager.Read More